Monday, January 10, 2011

Big time fun

The year 2010 was big for the O'Neills. In January, Steve and I celebrated the ten year anniversary of the day we met (along with our first, second and third dates). Also in January, I squeezed out a little baby. In February, Steve turned 40 and in March, I turned 35. Hot dog, those are some great looking numbers.

The thing is, though, that there are great looking numbers everywhere, every year. S is going to be 1 in just a few weeks; B is going to be 5 in July. In another 3.5 years, Steve and I will have been married for ten years. (There are 1.5 bars of chocolate in my cabinet.) So - great looking numbers everywhere.

Here's another good one - this March I will turn 36 and my mother will turn 63 (golly gee, I hope she doesn't mind that I'm writing that here). When I was 14 someone realized that my mother was 41. They said I should be nicer to her because that may never happen. This was nonsensical because I should have been nice to her anyway, but to do it for as asinine a reason as that our ages were mirrors of each other is lame-o. Anyway, that night I lied in bed and thought about it and realized that actually, every eleven years my mother and I have mirror ages. If anyone else's mother was 27 years old when you were born, you too have this tasty little tidbit. It happened when she was 30 and I was 03; she was 41 and I was 14; she was 52 and I was 25; now this year. I hope it continues for at least a few more turns of the dial.

That's it. I need to suit up to get the big boy at school. Let's emulsify!

No comments:

Post a Comment